I was born in Beijing, China and spent the first two decades of my life in the heart of the city. Having grown up next to the National Gallery of China, the Palace Museum and countless imperial parks, I have been fascinated by how the daily scenes and objects are represented in various forms of artworks, and how art in turn transforms our life.
After college, I came to US to pursue graduate studies at the University of Wisconsin – Madison. I received an MA in East Asian Studies and an MA in Information Science. Since moving to the Bay Area, I first worked as a librarian for the San Jose Public Library, and later a market researcher for various companies.
My love for art never cedes, and thanks to the abundance resources in the Bay Area, I started taking art lessons in my spare time. I found a wonderful watercolorist Nancy Wulff, with whom I learned everything about watercolor painting. In Spring 2019, I attended Mike Bailey’s workshop “Beyond the Obvious,” which greatly broadened my view of art making. The art programs at Mission College, West Valley College and other places keep sharpening my skills and enriching my art expression.
In addition to watercolor, I am also drawn to the versatility of the acrylic medium, the expressiveness of ink, and many other mediums.
Shows and Awards:
- “Sail,” PAL 99th Anniversary Exhibit, (juried show), 2020
- “Marching,” 4th Annual “Patterns” Online Art Competition at LightSpaceTime Gallery, (Honorable Mention, Top 15 Artists), 2020
- “Lamonte,” 6th Annual Figures & Faces Art Exhibition at Fusion Art Gallery, (Finalist), 2020
- “Waterfall,” “Penitencia Creek Park,” Landscapes Online Show at Grey Cube Gallery (Finalist), 2020
- “Fresh,” SCVWS Online Show, (Honorable Mention), 2020
- “Harvest,” SCVWS 50th Member Show, 2018
- “Show Time,” SCVWS, 2017
- “Fall,” SCVWS 48th Member Show, 2015
- Group shows at Quinlan Community Center, 2014, 2015, 2016